As we bring 2017 to an end it gives us not just an opportunity to reflect upon the past year, but a chance to hope, wish and dream of a future where anything is possible! Maybe this is the year you will pursue a bucket list adventure, take some time and volunteer in a foreign country, get married, push yourself beyond your limits! Only you know, the possibilities are as endless as the stars in the sky!
But why travel? In August of 2017, tripsavvy.com posted the following list answering that very question!
- Travel Sharpens the mind!
- Travel offers a shift in perspective!
- “Nobody comes back from a journey the way they started it.” — Unknown
- Travel gives you the opportunity to try new things!
- “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Travel allows you to meet new people!
- “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.” — Tim Cahill
- Travel lets you see the Real Deal!
- “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” — Aldous Huxley
- Travel gives you a chance to exercise and get sunshine!
- You get to come home renewed!
If many of you are like me, the idea of traveling far outweighs what is currently in my bank account! The idea of foreign lands, culinary delights, adventures that take away your breath, tends to be just that.. an idea! However travel may not be as expensive as you think! Many destinations and tour companies allow you to make deposits to secure your reservation and then to make payments up to 90 days before you leave, some even allowing you to start planning 18 months before you want to travel. A travel specialist (like me!) helps guide you not only in how to make your dream a reality, but also helping you stay within your budget by having access to promotions and deals, as well as creative options to make it happen! They tend to not only save you time in planning but also money along the way!
Whatever your 2018 resolutions may be, be sure to include some time for making memories, seeing new places, and making yourself a better version of the great person you already are!
Happy New Year!!